Residential Single- and Multi-family homes
When John Hope began his career as an electrician in 1978, he started out working on homes in the Santa Cruz Mountains. And though John Hope Electric has diversified in the types and sizes of projects we work on—ranging from custom-built homes to business offices, theaters and amusement parks—we’ve never lost the personalized touch that made our business grow among Santa Cruz homeowners in the first place.
Whether clients choose to upgrade a residential service, build a new home, remodel an existing home, or simply install wiring for a new spa, John Hope Electric can provide them with the services they need. We use only the highest-quality materials and our workmanship is guaranteed for as long as we are in business.
For any new construction or remodel project where we are the electrical contractor, we can also provide electrical engineering services. The advantages of hiring John Hope Electric to design and build your project are two-fold: One, we bring decades of practical knowledge and experience gained in the field to our electrical engineering designs. Two, hiring John Hope Electric for both design and build phases will yield significant savings for the electrical component of your project budget.
We provide complete electrical services for residential homes:
- Custom electrical design for new homes or remodels
- New multi-family electrical systems
- Electrical upgrades and renovations
- Accent lighting, art spot lights and under-cabinet lighting
- Landscape, dusk-to-dawn, motion-sensor and security lighting
- Electrical circuits for spas, pools and fountains
- Bathroom fans, ceiling fans and attic fans
- Electric baseboard heaters and exhaust fan replacements
- Dimmer switches and lighting control systems
- Generator and transfer switch installation
- Whole-house surge protection
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detector installation
- Heated floor systems
- Voice, data and cable wiring
- Electric vehicle charging stations
We pride ourselves in contributing to the safety,
integrity and value of your home.
Dear John Hope Electric,
I'd like to commend the work of Stu Hacker who repaired a faulty circuit in my house on Monday morning. After calling 3 other companies, yours was the first to have a technician available within the hour. Stu was professional, personable, respectful, and exhibited amazing skill in locating the break in the faulty circuit. I spent many hours the day before (unsuccessfully) trying to locate the problem with an ohmmeter. I was impressed that Stu listened to my observations in investigating the problem. If I ever need the services of an electrician in the future, I'll call John Hope Electric. I'll also recommend you to my friends and neighbors.
Santa Cruz, CA